Right here’s our most up-to-date PUERTO PRINCESA TRAVEL GUIDE BLOG that you should utilize to plan your journey. It features a pattern Puerto Princesa itinerary for 3 days 2 nights, and journey tips about the place to remain, how a lot funds to spend, and issues to do.
Ever heard of kambak-kambak syndrome?
Previous to our final Puerto Princesa journey, I’d by no means encountered this time period earlier than. You know the way you are likely to return to a vacation spot time and again? It appears to occur loads in Palawan, and so the locals gave it a reputation — kambak-kambak — a tongue-in-cheek spin to “come again, come again”. Provided that our staff have set foot in Puerto Princesa a number of occasions over the previous decade, if it had been an actual situation, we in all probability had caught it, too!
Whether or not it’s your first time otherwise you’re a kambak-kambak traveler, we’ve put collectively this Puerto Princesa journey information that will help you plan a hassle-free journey!
Right here’s a listing of hyperlinks to a few of the really helpful motels, excursions, and sights you can e book on-line.
Prime Puerto Princesa Motels on Agoda
Prime Puerto Princesa Excursions on Klook
Prime Puerto Princesa Points of interest
WHAT’S COVERED IN THIS GUIDE?
The capital of the province of Palawan, Puerto Princesa is a first-class, extremely urbanized metropolis. However regardless of the fast growth over time, it retains its rustic and partly suburban vibe; because of the strains of timber and the luxurious greenery that cowl the realm. No marvel it’s typically dubbed “The Metropolis within the Forest” and has been acknowledged as one of many cleanest and greenest cities within the nation.
Strategically positioned in the midst of Palawan, it serves as the first gateway to the primary island. Though it will possibly take hours, you can entry as much as El Nido within the northernmost tip or Bataraza within the south, which serves because the bounce off level to the legendary Balabac Islands. The town correct faces Sulu Sea to the southeast, however its territory reaches till the West Philippine Sea to the northwest. Puerto Princesa can be the second largest metropolis within the Philippines, subsequent solely to Davao.
Dubbed because the Eco-Tourism Heart of the Philippines, Puerto Princesa is understood for its organized and synchronized tourism trade. Varied sectors like tour guides, boat operators, and tricycle drivers work collectively. The excursions are regulated and monitored by the Tourism Workplace, therefore standardized excursions are supplied to vacationers. The preferred is a tour of the Puerto Princesa Underground River, which is a UNESCO World Heritage Web site and voted as one of many New7Wonders of Nature in 2012.
Listed below are some important info that you just would possibly discover helpful to know earlier than going to Puerto Princesa.
Puerto Princesa is open to all vacationers no matter their vaccination standing. We didn’t expertise any doc inspection upon arrival within the metropolis. However airline workers do ask to see the next upon checkin:
- Legitimate ID
- Vaccination card or VaxCertPH (for absolutely vaccinated vacationers)
Nonetheless, for those who’re coming from a spot beneath Alert Stage 2 or greater, a unfavourable antigen check end result legitimate inside someday previous to departure is required.
The Puerto Princesa Worldwide Airport (PPS) serves as the primary gateway to town and different municipalities in Palawan. Most home airways — Philippine Airways, Cebu Pacific, AirAsia — have flights to and from Puerto Princesa, so searching for one wouldn’t be an issue.
Puerto Princesa Airport to Metropolis Heart
The Puerto Princesa Worldwide Airport is positioned inside the metropolis middle. From right here, going to areas inside the metropolis correct would take solely couple of minutes.
Probably the most handy mode of transportation from the airport is the tricycle. Tricycles will be discovered parked exterior the airport, ready for passengers. You’ll must stroll a bit to the gate and exit the airport to experience one.
Listed below are the fares from the airport to totally different elements of town. Tricycles can accommodate as much as 3 folks.
- Throughout the metropolis middle: P150
- To San Jose Terminal: P200
- To Honda Bay: P500
For those who’re booked with an upscale resort or resort, double test with the administration first and see if they provide free airport transfers.
Loads of lodging are located inside the metropolis middle, not too removed from the airport. Beachfront motels or resorts are often positioned a bit farther. Staying within the metropolis correct is right if you wish to see extra of town and have easy accessibility to its many eating places and retailers.
Prime Finances Motels & Guesthouses in Puerto Princesa
Listed below are a few of the top-ranking however reasonably priced properties on Agoda with over 100 opinions:
Common Puerto Princesa Resorts
When you’ve got an even bigger funds, listed below are a few of the most well-known properties within the metropolis.
Lots of the sights in Puerto Princesa will be visited as a part of a tour. Though it’s potential to drag a DIY to avoid wasting on the prices, reserving a packaged tour will make it extra handy and hassle-free. While you avail of 1, you’ll even have a skilled tour information who may give you extra info and insights about every spot, permitting you to understand it extra.
On this part, we’ll share with you the very best sights and actions in Puerto Princesa, grouped based on the excursions that they’re often part of. We’ll embody prices for each packaged and DIY excursions.
Puerto Princesa Underground River Tour
The town’s most well-known vacationer spot, the Puerto Princesa Subterranean River is a UNESCO World Heritage Web site, a Ramsar Wetland Web site, and one of many New 7 Wonders of Nature.
On a paddle boat, you’ll be led by a information on a journey into the cave that shelters the underground river. The tour covers solely the primary 1.5 kilometers, however the river measures 8.2 kilometers lengthy in full. Some elements are open solely to scientists and different permitted explorers.
Contained in the cave, you will note beautiful stalactites, stalagmites and the assorted formations that took form for over hundreds of years. You’ll additionally be taught extra in regards to the cave system by way of the offered audio information.
When you’ve got restricted time or funds and will solely avail of 1 packaged tour, this ought to be it. The PPUR administration solely permits a restricted variety of vacationers per day. Due to this, walk-ins should not allowed and superior reservation is required. For those who e book a tour with a journey company or tour operator, they’ll deal with the paperwork for you. You’ll additionally keep away from the difficulty of arranging transportation to Sabang Seaside which is the jump-off level, round one and a half hours away.
Packaged excursions often embody:
- roundtrip land switch to Sabang Seaside
- roundtrip boat switch to the underground river
- audio information
You may additionally avail this tour through Klook for P1900. However you probably have extra time and greater funds, think about doing a 3-in-1 Sabang Tour. At P3550, it contains the next:
- Underground River Tour
- Sabang X Zipline
- Mangrove Paddle Tour
Verify up to date charges or e book beneath:
✅ BOOK UNDERGROUND RIVER TOUR HERE!
✅ BOOK UNDERGROUND RIVER + SABANG ZIPLINE + MANGROVE PADDLE TOUR!
Honda Bay Tour
Honda Bay Tour is an island hopping exercise that can take you to at the least three islands not too far-off from town. As of this writing, solely 3 islands are open for island hopping excursions: Starfish Island, Luli Island, and Cowrie Island.
For those who’re touring with a big group, pulling a DIY may help you save. For those who’re touring solo, with a small group otherwise you merely need the comfort of availing a packaged tour, journey companies and motels often supply this tour for P1500 per particular person.
For those who plan to journey independently, listed below are the charges for personal boats. You’ll see two costs as a result of you will have two boat choices: 3-cylinder and 4-cylinder boats.
- 3 Islands (Starfish, Luli & Cowrie): P1800 to P2100
- 2 Islands (Luli & Cowrie solely): P1500 to P1800
You may additionally choose to skip the island hopping you probably have a selected island you need to go to.
There’s additionally an environmental charge that it’s a must to pay on the wharf. Listed below are the charges:
- Environmental charge: P150
- Terminal charge: P5
- Goggles & snorkel rental: P150
- Full face masks rental: P200
- Aqua sneakers rental: P150
- Fins rental: P150
Every island additionally has a separate entrance charge and cottage rental charges as properly. Listed below are the doorway charges per island.
- Cowrie Island: P100
- Luli Island: P70
- Starfish Island: P50
If you wish to keep away from the trouble of paying these charges by yourself, you possibly can simply e book a packaged tour. Honda Bay Excursions are inclusive of land and boat transfers, entrance and cottages charges, and lunch. You may additionally avail this tour through Klook!
Puerto Princesa Metropolis Tour
This half-day tour will be performed both within the morning or afternoon. Tour operators often supply this tour for P600 per particular person, however it’s also possible to constitution a tricycle for P1000 per automobile, which might accommodate as much as 3 folks.
The town tour often contains the next stops:
- Palawan Wildlife Rescue and Conservation Heart. First generally known as Crocodile Farming Institute, it retains and breeds two species of crocodiles: the Philippine crocodile (Crocodylus mindorensis) and the saltwater crocodile (Crocodylus porosus). Rescued animals are additionally housed on this facility, particularly these which might be endemic to the province.
- Plaza Cuartel. A historic sq., Plaza Cuartel was an outdated garrison the place the Palawan Bloodbath passed off in December 1944. 100 fifty American prisoners of battle had been saved in a tunnel throughout World Conflict II till they had been killed by the Japanese by burning them alive. Eleven prisoners had been in a position to escape and survive. Their names are actually displayed on a plaque contained in the plaza.
- Binuatan Creations. A present store the place you should purchase handloom woven merchandise produced from Palawan’s native grasses and fibers. Other than buying, it’s also possible to see how the merchandise are made of their workshop and even strive weaving your self!
- Mitra’s Ranch. This property sitting on prime of a hill in Brgy. Sta. Monica is owned by the late Senator Ramon Mitra and his household. It’s open to the general public and serves as a viewpoint.
- Baker’s Hill. Common for his or her hopia and different pastries, that is the standard pasalubong cease! It’s additionally a park with many picture-worthy corners and has an in-house restaurant if you wish to seize a chunk.
If you wish to have a extra comfy tour in an air-conditioned van, you possibly can avail this tour on Klook.
Firefly Watching Tour
Spend a magical evening and watch fireflies and the celebrities whereas on board a small boat. There are three places for firefly watching in Puerto Princesa:
- Iwahig. The primary firefly watching location in Puerto Princesa. As of writing, that is closed and firefly watching excursions listed below are unavailable.
- Sicsican River. The tour commences on the Baywalk, the place you’ll hop on a ship that can take you to Sicsican River. A dinner on the boat can be included on this tour.
- Nagsaguipi River. Take pleasure in a buffet dinner earlier than you feast your eyes with the glowing fireflies!
Tour operators supply this tour between P1300- P1600 per particular person. Firefly watching tour in Nagsaguipi River can be obtainable on Klook.
Lower than an hour away from town correct, Nagtabon Seaside was once a spot for individuals who need to keep away from the group. Now, plenty of lodging institutions stand alongside the seaside, however the place stays simply as breathtaking. It is a good place to go to for those who’re trying to spend extra time on the seaside with out having to journey too far-off from town.
Make your option to San Jose terminal and hop on a bus going north. Any bus sure for Taytay, Roxas, or El Nido will do. Inform the motive force to drop you off in Bacungan (P80) then experience a tricycle going to Nagtabon Seaside (P300, max 3 pax).
For those who’re a bunch, you possibly can hire a van to take you straight to Nagtabon. For those who can drive two wheels, renting a motorcycle can be an choice if there are two of you otherwise you’re touring solo.
Nagtabon Seaside can be included in your Puerto Princesa Metropolis Tour itinerary for an extra charge. Simply ask your driver if he’s OK with it.
Thrill-seekers will love this attraction. This 800-meter lengthy zipline is claimed to be one of many longest ziplines within the Philippines. You may get pleasure from this solo or by pair as you glide throughout Sabang Seaside. The experience would additionally deal with you to a unbelievable view of Sabang from above. It takes a brief 15-minute hike to achieve the zipline’s place to begin.
That is often packaged with Underground River since Sabang additionally serves because the jump-off level to it. You are able to do this previous to the underground river cease if there’s an extended ready time or after it simply earlier than you will have lunch. Sabang X-Zipline prices P550.
You may additionally avail this through Klook for a reduced worth.
Different Puerto Princesa Points of interest
- Ugong Rock Adventures. An journey park positioned in Barangay Tagabinet the place you possibly can go trekking, rappeling, and spelunking. A 71-meter zipline can be one of many options, making your journey extra unforgettable. Guide right here! ✅
- Palawan Waterpark by Astoria. That is the one waterpark in Palawan. For those who’re searching for an exercise that children and youngsters at coronary heart alike would get pleasure from, add this to your itinerary. Every ticket is inclusive of a lunch buffet. Charge: Adults, P1200; Youngsters (4ft and beneath), P950; Youngsters (2 years outdated and beneath), FREE
- Tibag Falls. About 40 minutes away from town middle, Tibag Falls is positioned in Bacungan. To get right here, board a bus going north at San Jose Terminal. Ask the motive force to drop you off close to Bacungan Bridge. From there, it might take a 2-hour stroll to achieve this wonderful falls.
To see extra locations to go to, take a look at: PUERTO PRINCESA TOURIST SPOTS!
Discovering a spot to eat in Puerto Princesa is not going to be an issue. The town middle is teeming with a various assortment of meals spots. If you wish to strive the Puerto Princesa classics, a couple of of them are positioned alongside Rizal Avenue.
For those who’re on a funds, you possibly can at all times depend on carinderias (small eateries) the place a P100-budget can get you a full meal.
Listed below are a few of the most well-known eating places in Puerto Princesa:
Arguably the most well-liked eating spot in Puerto Princesa, this homey restaurant makes a speciality of Pinoy seafood dishes like seafood kare-kare, grilled fish, and shrimp or tuna sinigang. Their menu consists largely of seafood and greens dishes. In addition they have a particular set meal that’s good for 2 for less than P795. For those who’re planning to dine right here, make sure that to name the restaurant and make a reservation.
Location: Rizal Avenue, Puerto Princesa Metropolis
Working Hours: Monday-Saturday, 11:00 AM to 2:00 PM – Lunch, 6:00 PM to 11:00 PM – Dinner; Sunda, CLOSED
Contact quantity: (048) 726 6217
Kinabuch’s is an open-air grill and bar the place you possibly can get pleasure from some drinks along with your meal. Their menu has all kinds of Pinoy dishes from appetizers to dessert. It’s additionally a go-to place for individuals who need to strive Puerto Princesa’s unique dish, tamilok. It’s often served uncooked with a aspect of spiced vinegar.
Location: Rizal Avenue, Puerto Princesa Metropolis
Working Hours: Day by day, 4:00 PM to 11:00 PM
Cacaoyan Forest Park
Cacaoyan Forest Park is a buffet restaurant set in a lush backyard bursting with IG-worthy spots. It serves as a lunch cease on many Underground River excursions supplied by journey companies. However if you wish to expertise this by itself, finest to make advance reservations.
The lunch buffet is priced at P350/particular person, however you will get a reduction for those who e book with Klook.
Location: Sabang, Puerto Princesa
Working Hours: Day by day, 10:00 AM to 4:00 PM
You may as well order tamilok right here for P100 per plate.
Different Puerto Princesa Eating places
- Badjao Seafront Restaurant. If you wish to dine by the bay and feast on recent seafood, that is the place to be. It stands subsequent to mangroves and has a view of the sundown which provides to its attraction. Worth begins at P125 as much as P550. Their seafood platter prices P1,150.
– Location: Abueg St., Puerto Princesa Metropolis
– Working hours: Day by day, 11:00 AM to 9:00 PM
- Balinsasayaw Restaurant. A budget-friendly restaurant serving low cost to mid-range Pinoy dishes. Their worth meals prices lower than P200. For those who’re with a bunch, in addition they have group meals you can avail.
– Deal with: Manalo St., Puerto Princesa Metropolis
– Working Hours: Day by day, 10:00 AM to eight:00 PM
- Ka Joel’s Restaurant. One other dependable title within the metropolis’s meals scene, Ka Joel’s serves Filipino delicacies. Its bestsellers embody rooster inasal and beef kare kare.
– Location: Purok Centro, Puerto Princesa Metropolis
– Working Hours: Day by day, 11:00 AM to 2:00 PM- Lunch, 5:30 PM to 9:30 PM- Dinner
For loaded vacationers, huge motels have their in-house eating places that spotlight their tackle Filipino delicacies.
- Hue Resort homes Matiz Restaurant and Tapas Bar, which boasts a largely Spanish menu.
- Princesa Backyard Island Resort and Spa has a eating advanced that includes 4 eating places together with the Golden Elephant Seafood Village, which makes a speciality of Thai meals.
Right here’s a pattern 3-day 2-night Puerto Princesa itinerary with breakdown of bills. Notice that this itinerary assumes the next:
- You’re a celebration of two, splitting a few of the prices.
- The lodging you’ll e book prices P1500 per evening. For those who cut up it between 2 folks, that might be P750 per evening per particular person.
- You’ll e book a lot of the excursions through Klook.
However as at all times, be happy to make changes primarily based in your schedule and preferences.
- DAY 1: CITY TOUR
08:20 AM – Arrival in Puerto Princesa
09:00 AM – Tricycle to resort, P75 (P150/2pax)
09:20 AM – Resort check-in
11:00 AM – Early lunch
12:30 PM – Metropolis Tour (Tricycle), P500 (P1000/2pax)
– Crocodile Park: P70
– Butterfly Backyard: P60
– Mitra’s Ranch: P20
04:00 PM – Resort, clean up
06:00 PM – Dinner at Ka Lui, P500
09:30 PM – Again to resort
- DAY 2: UNDERGROUND RIVER
06:00 AM – Get up name
07:00 AM – Underground River Tour, P1900, Guide right here! ✅
04:00 PM – Again to resort, Relaxation
07:00 PM – Dinner at Kinabuch’s, P500
10:00 PM – Again to resort
- DAY 3: HONDA BAY TOUR
6:00 am – Get up, early check-out, depart baggage
7:00 am – Honday Bay Tour, P1640, Guide right here! ✅
2:00 pm – Again to resort, choose up baggage
3:00 pm – Tricycle to airport, P75 (P150/2pax)
5:30 pm – Flight again to Manila
This itinerary would price you round PhP 5700 (USD 103, EUR 96, SGD 139), excluding airfare and resort however together with a little bit of allowance for incidental bills.
For those who’re in a position to e book a room for P1400/evening or P700/evening/particular person, put together to shell out a complete of PhP 7,100 (USD 128, EUR 120, SGD 172) excluding airfare however together with some allowance.
You may carry the price even decrease for those who’re an even bigger group and by doing the Honda Bay Tour by yourself (DIY-style).
- Tricycle fare for brief distances is round P15-25. Fares to and for the airport often price greater than the common fares.
- Stroll when you possibly can. The streets of Puerto Princesa are punctuated with timber so it doesn’t get as sizzling as different extremely urbanized cities.
- Carry your personal reusable water bottle, so that you don’t must maintain shopping for bottled water. Doing it will assist you to lower your expenses and cut back plastic waste on the identical time. You may simply refill your water bottle at your resort or at your lunch/dinner stops.
- Carry insect repellent lotion. Shield your self from mosquitoes by making use of insect repellent lotion particularly while you go trekking or island hopping.
- Use coral-friendly sunscreen. Keep away from utilizing sunscreen that incorporates elements that would hurt the coral reef like oxybenzone and parabens.
When is the very best time to go to Puerto Princesa?
January to April, the driest interval. However remember the fact that these are additionally the busiest months, peaking in March and April, that are thought of “summer season” months within the Philippines.
If you wish to keep away from the group, schedule a visit round January to February when the climate isn’t too sizzling and never that wet both. But, it is usually essential to notice that Palawan is in between two main seas, the West Philippine Sea and the Sulu Sea. Its location extremely impacts its climate system, which is totally different from the remainder of the nation. Even in the course of the dry season, it might be fairly damp and rain is predicted within the afternoons. Actually, our staff have visited in April as soon as and it nonetheless poured on a few days. And even in our different visits in different months, it might typically rain within the afternoon.
Puerto Princesa is a year-round vacation spot. Whereas town took a beating from Storm Odette a couple of years in the past, this isn’t a traditional prevalence. Palawan is positioned within the western excessive of the nation, remoted from most different important islands. It’s not alongside the standard hurricane route.
What’s the energy plug/socket utilized in Puerto Princesa?
Electrical energy Information: 220V, 60Hz. Socket Sort A, largely.
2022 • 12 • 13