When you’ve ever needed to attempt WhatsApp templates with Manychat, then take into account this Black Friday marketing campaign from La Repa de Sueños and TBS Advertising and marketing your start line.
The truth is, utilizing this one technique, La Repa exceeded its projected gross sales for Black Friday, producing 300% extra gross sales than forecast.
WhatsApp is a preferred possibility for companies, boasting 2 billion customers. It permits corporations to domesticate relationships with prospects, have interaction in two-way conversations, and promote instantly throughout the platform.
In a number of nations, that is the commonest method to talk with mates, household, and companies.
For corporations, this messaging app presents a major alternative: You may leverage the untapped potential of WhatsApp’s person base, reaching a big viewers at low value.
Costa Rican mattress retailer, La Repa de Sueños, and their advertising company, TBS Advertising and marketing, acknowledged this chance. So, they determined to experiment with WhatsApp templates inside Manychat for a Black Friday advertising marketing campaign.
Their outcomes had been nothing wanting astounding – reaching a staggering 9,000% ROI.
Let’s check out the methods La Repa applied to generate these outcomes, together with WhatsApp templates.
First, let’s study extra about WhatsApp API and how one can apply WhatsApp templates to your subsequent marketing campaign.
What’s the WhatsApp API?
There are 3 several types of WhatsApp accounts you should use:
- WhatsApp Messenger: The private app you possibly can obtain on the app retailer, primarily used for communication with household and mates.
- WhatsApp Enterprise: A separate app you can even obtain, which gives business-oriented options similar to product catalogs, and restricted automation and broadcasts. It’s good for small companies that want to present extra customized buyer care on a channel prospects want.
- WhatsApp API: This enables medium and huge companies to speak with their prospects at scale. Companies can construct techniques to attach 1000’s of shoppers with brokers or chatbots, enabling each automated and guide communication. Moreover, you possibly can combine the API with quite a few backend techniques, similar to CRM and advertising platforms, like Manychat.
WhatsApp API does have its variations. Most notably, you received’t be capable to have WhatsApp Messenger and WhatsApp Enterprise working in your cellphone’s app, and conversations are solely open for twenty-four hours on WhatsApp API.
So, that is the place WhatsApp templates are available.
What are WhatsApp templates?
A WhatsApp message template is a message format that you would be able to ship to customers as soon as they’ve opted-in and given your app permission to ship them messages. Templates can embrace movies, pictures, buttons, and extra.
Earlier than utilizing a message template, it’s essential to submit it to Meta for evaluate and approval. This course of can take as much as 48 hours, to make sure high-quality content material and keep away from spam.
As soon as your template is authorised, you possibly can ship the message template to your complete WhatsApp checklist at a price. The fee varies per nation. For instance, in Costa Rica, sending out a template exterior of the 24-hour window prices solely $0.08 per contact.
Utilizing WhatsApp Messenger and WhatsApp Enterprise, La Repa must manually attain out to every potential buyer who requested extra info on pricing.
So, TBS Advertising and marketing had an thought – proactively contact their WhatsApp checklist of 11,800 contacts and allow them to know concerning the particular Black Friday low cost, utilizing a WhatsApp template by means of WhatsApp API so the method of buyer care could possibly be performed utilizing their CRM system.
“We refused to do a generic advertising marketing campaign,” explains La Repa CMO and TBS Advertising and marketing CEO, Trilce Jiron Garro. “Previous leads are your greatest future prospects, however sending out an enormous SMS feels impersonal and money-grabby.
“On a traditional WhatsApp, we might’ve needed to ship a message lead by lead. With Manychat, we had been in a position to overcome the scalability problem.”
La Repa needed to attach with their viewers in essentially the most private approach potential – and on the channel they like.
“Often, vacation campaigns are despatched in chilly emails or dreadful SMS campaigns,” says Trilce.
“For a Latino viewers used to partaking with La Repa’s founders on TikTok, this could really feel off. So we determined to attempt the most recent toy within the field: Whatsapp templates.”
La Repa needed to do one thing completely different from their regular adverts, so the video invitation appeared the most suitable choice.
So that they created a WhatsApp template, which was authorised by Meta, that included:
- A 40-second vertical video (Instagram and Fb Story format). The video script defined the advantages of shopping for a mattress from them in addition to the Black Friday offers. Right here’s the precise script:
“Hello there! It’s Tril from La Repa, and now we have a romantic date this weekend. We’re going to host a particular Black Friday weekend with wonderful reductions, and I’d like to see you there. We each know we’re gonna have nice costs, however that’s actually not the vital bit. Each single product has a 100-night sleep trial and naturally, we maintain your outdated mattress to keep away from air pollution. Additionally, I purchased you eggnog! See you in just a few days!”
- After this message, La Repa sends a textual content message with the shop’s opening hours.
- Lastly, there’s a closing opt-out message that reads: “In order for you out of our VIP messaging checklist, textual content us the phrase ‘squash’.”
This message was despatched to 11,800 of La Repa’s WhatsApp contacts. They’d an funding of $880 for retargeting and used the broadcasts function inside Manychat.
For context, WhatsApp Enterprise API limits each day broadcasting in accordance with your high quality ranking:
- Unverified accounts can ship 50 business-initiated messages per day
- Verified accounts have a 1000-message each day restrict
- Accounts that ship 2000 business-initiated messages in 5 days obtain a rise to 10,000 each day messages
- Accounts that ship 10000 business-initiated messages in 5 days obtain a rise to 100,000 each day messages
- By sending 100,000 in per week, accounts attain limitless messages.
These quantities scale robotically primarily based in your cellphone quantity standing, cellphone quantity high quality ranking, and the way usually you provoke conversations with distinctive prospects.
On the time, La Repa had a ten,000 each day restrict. So, with the intention to ship out a message to every particular person on their checklist, and never overload the gross sales crew, they used Manychat’s Randomizer and Good Delay options to divide the viewers into three teams.
La Repa might by no means think about the impression this marketing campaign would have. The truth is, projections confirmed gross sales at $30,000 over the weekend.
This technique was so common that the enterprise needed to name for emergency gross sales assist and keep open after closing hours. La Repa exceeded their projected gross sales goal by nearly 300%, reaching gross sales of $85,000.
Month by Month purchasers. Nov 2021 had 189 purchasers, 2022 had 464:
As well as, out of the 11,800 individuals who obtained the message, solely 88 opted out.
The usage of WhatsApp API and its messaging template function is an efficient method to attain out and interact with prospects. Not solely can or not it’s used as a retargeting device, however to broadcast messages shortly and effectively.
When you’d wish to attempt WhatsApp API, pay attention to these three takeaways from La Repa’s ultra-successful Black Friday marketing campaign:
- Take WhatsApp templates for a check drive. Attempt one thing new along with your WhatsApp checklist. Bear in mind, you should use templates time and again along with your viewers.
- Get artistic along with your WhatsApp template concepts. With WhatsApp API, you’re not restricted to textual content. Movies, buttons, and pictures can be utilized.
- Have interaction along with your viewers in a fashion and on a channel they like. For La Repa, connecting with their viewers by way of a private video invitation on WhatsApp proved to be a sensible funding.
La Repa’s success exhibits only one method to leverage WhatsApp API for time-sensitive campaigns, so the chances for this platform are limitless.
The contents of this weblog had been independently ready and are for informational functions solely. The opinions expressed are these of the writer and don’t essentially replicate the views of ManyChat or another occasion. Particular person outcomes could fluctuate.