One in three properties within the U.S. has pivoted from paid TV to streaming over the previous decade. With cable subscriptions on the decline, streaming is the longer term.
On the most recent episode of The Velocity of Tradition podcast, Dan Robbins, vp of promoting and associate options at Roku, joins Suzy founder and CEO Matt Britton to debate the rise of TV streaming providers, the position of promoting in streaming, and the way Roku boosts ecommerce by way of its partnership with Walmart.
In his position, Robbins lead Roku’s advertising, analysis, analytics, occasions, design and branded content material methods. Earlier than Roku, he labored on a number of strategic partnerships and product rollouts at Nielsen. Robbins was additionally named on the 2018 Broadcasting & Cable 40 Underneath 40 listing, the 2019 GRIT Future listing and the 2019 Fellows Program on the Financial Membership of New York.
Stream the brand new episode under, hear and subscribe on Apple Podcasts or discover it on Spotify.
- 02:03 – 03:09 – From Conventional to Streaming TV – Roku was based virtually 20 years in the past with a imaginative and prescient that every one TV and TV advertisements can be streamed. The corporate started constructing authentic gamers and sticks that helped folks watch films and TV over the web. Roku then expanded by manufacturing its personal TVs and launching the Roku Channel.
- 03:09 – 04:16 – Higher TV for Everybody – Roku’s mission is “higher TV for everybody.” In tv, the secret is ease, selection and comfort. Roku’s purpose has all the time been to attach the patron, the content material proprietor and the advertiser on one platform. That has helped the model grow to be the No. 1 TV streaming platform within the U.S., Canada, Mexico and, more and more, worldwide.
- 08:14 – 11:08 – Going Past the 30-Second Spot – Roku makes use of knowledge and deep insights to tailor particular person streaming journeys for its person base. Roku is shifting past the standard 15- and 30-second spots by creating interactive and shoppable advertisements to make TV as simple to buy as social media feeds. It began by launching shoppable advertisements with Walmart. Now, Roku is increasing with built-for-streaming leisure by way of the capabilities of the Roku Model Studio. An instance of that is Roku Recommends, hosted by Maria Menounos and Andrew Hawkins, a weekly present highlighting one of the best bets on the Roku platform—with partnership alternatives for manufacturers.
- 18:23 – 19:20 – Sports activities Is Huge Enterprise on Roku – In an effort to make all TV streamable, Roku has made its approach into sports activities. The model not too long ago launched Sports activities Zone. Designed to make sports activities streaming simple to seek out for customers, the service pulls all of the sporting occasions on the platform collectively. The model additionally not too long ago launched a Roku Unique present with Wealthy Eisen on sports activities to assist drive viewership to the sporting content material.
- 22 – 23:13 – Roku Discovery on the Slicing Fringe of New Providers – Roku’s discovery initiative makes it simple to seek out content material on the platform. Its Featured Free discovery expertise helps customers discover and entry all free content material on the platform. Buzz permits studios and expertise to share personalized content material.